--On 27. April 2006 10:33:19 +0200 Lennart Regebro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/27/06, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Getting rid of ZServer is a fine goal but as long as Twisted is much
slower (from what I've heard) ZServer has to stay (ZServer is not
subject to be deprecated at this time).

ZServer will remain the default for now, and it will not be deprecated
unless the community wishes so. I'm guessing the community will want
to sooner or later. ;-)

Sure, we all want that (but not for the sake of slower performance) :-)

Twisted is slower, but how much of a difference that makes in real
life applications I don't know. The server is in itself not a very big
performance eater in Zope. There is of course also the option to use
something else that can use WSGI, like for example zope.server, which
is much cleaner than ZServer, and probably therefore easier to
maintain.

Can I only repeat the "rumors" I've heard from the integration of Twisted in Zope 3. So we won't give up an "efficient" implementation of a core component..that's just what I wanted to say. Having some benchmarks
would be nice. And btw. thanks for your work :-)

Andreas