I do like the idea of ZClasses as a separate product.

Actually I think all of Zope should be an assembly of separate products. I would love to see multiple flavors of Zope each as an assembly of separate products.

If we make ZClasses a separate product, does that mean we can get our own mailing list for ZClasses. Maybe a separate web site, wiki, etc?

Maybe the 4 or 5 companies who care about ZClasses can get together and fund the upgrade.

I am still not sure if the next version of my application will be in Zope 3 or not, but if it is, I see it as a completely separate code base. Accordingly, this rapid evolution of Zope, to make it compatible with Zope 3 drives a lot of us nuts. We would prefer to just see a stable Zope 2, and an incompatible Zope 3. But I get no say in the matter. Open source is good, democratic source would be better.

I am not trying to upset people with this email message. I just want to present a different point of view.