--On 2. Oktober 2006 10:24:33 -0700 Christopher Lozinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do like the idea of ZClasses as a separate product.

If we make ZClasses a separate product,  does that mean we can get our
own mailing list for ZClasses.  Maybe a separate web site,  wiki, etc?

I doubt that there would be any objections if you want to take over responsibility and ownership over this particular subproject.

Maybe the 4 or 5 companies who care about ZClasses can get together and
fund the upgrade.

How much will your company offer? Will you work on getting the funding together?

 Open source is good, democratic source
would be better.

What does that mean?

I am not trying to upset people with this email message.  I just want to
present a different point of view.

I am only upset to continuous postings containing a lot of hot air without any kind of outcome. I bring it back the point: you have legitimate interest in ZClasses. Most of the core developers don't have such an interest. It is now *your turn* to do something for ZClasses - either by finding a volunteer to fix outstanding issues or by fundraising to pay a talented ZClasses maintainer. Sorry for repeating myself but I don't see any progress on the ZClasses front. As release manager I want to make clear that I don't want to ship further Zope 2 releases with packages that are in a bad shape and partly broken (I am not talking of packages that are in bad shape but that do work :-)).