Hanno Schlichting wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
Great idea! We should try this. Hanno? :)

Yep, we can try that one too. I thought I remembered people reporting
bugs about the multiple Products directories at some point, but I cannot
remember where that was exactly. I only did go for the symlink approach
as that has been the way I did it on Windows, at the time I developed on
Windows (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point for some
explanation of Windows symlink support).

I guess we can disregard most of my 'Products as eggs' mail and simply
allowing us to point to products directories in the Zope 2 instance
recipe. I think a good pattern would be to simply have a 'Products'
directory directly in the buildout directory.

Shouldn't we have the same distinction between products and development
products as we have it with eggs and development eggs?

Ideally perhaps, but since Products are just simple directories and don't really support this, we might want to skip this step for now.

If you develop a set of products based on CMF for example, you might
want to have an unpacked tarball of the latest CMF release lying around
and have it included in the Zope instance, plus your own products that
probably come directly from a SVN checkout.

This would give us both a products and develop-products directory, which
you could both include in an instance's zope.conf.

If we can make this work that would of course be nice. :)

Regards,

Martijn