This is just an idea, but zeo is backwards compatible right? So perhaps you could connect a 2.7 client to a 2.8 zeo server and as long as you know the oids of the intSets you should be able to load them and do your conversion.

Chris Withers wrote:
Dieter Maurer wrote:
The reason that Jim dropped support for the old "BTree" was
to save time by not converting them to the new "type = new style class"
paradigme which is now used by "Persistent".

It is likely that "BTree" will not work in a new (post Zope 2.7) environment
even if build anew.

Yeah, that much I feared :-(

Hmmm... how would I go about writing a python class that could be used in unpickle the persistent data for the intSet objects that are there?

I'm thinking something along the lines of create something like as follows and putting it somewhere on the PYTHONPATH:

class intSet(Persistent):

  def __setstate__(self,...):

Would that work?