--On 3. Oktober 2007 15:57:59 -0400 Amos Latteier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I'm working on changing DateTime to use pytz for timezone information.

The motivation is that DateTime doesn't have up to date daylight
savings time information. Rather than maintaining this stuff in
DateTime it seems easier to delegate this work to a package that does
this jobs better and is kept up to date.

+1

My approach is to use timezone information from pytz if it is
importable, otherwise, the existing DateTime timezone information is
used. I haven't made other changes to DateTime, and all existing
timezones that DateTime defines are still supported (even though pytz
doesn't know about some of the weird timezone names that DateTime
defines.)

I would not care much about dropping the support for "weird timezone names" without further notice as long as their is an easy way for people migrating their code e.g. by specifying a proper tz name.

I wanted to see if people are interested in seeing this go into Zope.

Please use a dedicated branch.

One issue is that there is a daylight savings change coming up in a
few weeks and so it might be nice to make these changes available to
folks before then if possible.

Possibly thoses changes won't make it into the 2.11 release so hurry up :-)

-aj