--On 6. Oktober 2007 12:03:06 -0300 David Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I agree with you Roger. I want things to stay as they are for the same
reasons. I have great respect for Zope 2 developers however there there
are two development paradigms at play that are fundamentally incompatible
despite the inclusion of component architecture in Zope 2.

What do you man by "two development paradigms"?

Please don't build a wall between Zope 2 and Zope 3 developers. Most "old-school" Zope 2 developers are doing development also with Zope 3 components and Zope 3 techniques. Look at Plone 3.0 and its heavy usage of Zope 3 techniques...impressing. The Zope 3 development paradigms are highly accepted by most Zope 2 core developers...we are all sitting in the same boat. There is a fundamental difference in the Zope 2 and Zope 3 architecture but little difference between the paradigms how we should design and write software on top of the Zope platform in the future.

The distinction between Zope 2 and Zope 3 must disappear. We must speak of "Zope". Everything else is counterproductive when it comes to promoting Zope. There is only one Zope developer community and most of us have a Zope 2 and a Zope 3 hat on (others have a CMF or a Plone head). An artificial separation between Zope 2 and Zope 3 developers is undesirable in my opinion.

Andreas