Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 18. Dezember 2007 21:53:55 +0100 Hanno Schlichting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
the Zope 2.11 beta phase has been delayed for while. The reason for
holding but the release was Philipps and Hannos work on the

<http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/philikon-aq/>

branch. Unfortunately both can't work (lack of personal time) on the
branch and finish it in the feature. So I propose to release Zope 2.11
beta 1
by the end of the year w/o this branch. Zope 2.11 would contain the Zope
3.4 and ZODB 3.8 with blob support as major new features.

Objections? Thoughts?

+1 btw. Is there an ETA for beta1?

During x-mas and new year..likely around December 29th. If you need some more days, let me know but I would like to push the beta 1 release asap.

Note that doing a beta isn't just releasing the branch as it is. You should update all externals to the current 3.4.x releases of the individual eggs as well. The KGS [1] maintained by Stephan Richter provides you with a list of the most recent releases (except that the latest ZODB 3.8.0 candidate [2] isn't in it, apparently)

Also please be careful not to add or remove packages arbitrarily from the externals. If I remember correctly, a while back somebody just copied the externals from the Zope 3 tree to Zope 2 and added a bunch of not-releasable software to Zope 2 and removed other stuff in the process.

[1] http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg
[2] http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ZODB3/3.8.0c1