This only applies to Zope3 developers and people using the Zope 3 ZMI.

I'm trying to get rid of ThreadedAsync. zope.app.server uses it to cause the asyncore main loop to stop as part of the server-control functionality.

There are no tests for this afaict. Trying this throigh the web, shutdown seems to work, but not restart. (It looks like restart doesn't work because the exit status os only used to exit the loop. It isn't used in the call to sys.exit.)

I propose, at least, to remove this untested functionality from zope.app.server.

I'd be for removing it from zope.app.twisted, if it is there, and for removing the UI from zope.app.applicationcontrol.

Thoughts?

JIm

--
Jim Fulton