Jim Fulton schrieb:
This only applies to Zope3 developers and people using the Zope 3 ZMI.

I'm trying to get rid of ThreadedAsync. zope.app.server uses it to cause the asyncore main loop to stop as part of the server-control functionality.

There are no tests for this afaict. Trying this throigh the web, shutdown seems to work, but not restart. (It looks like restart doesn't work because the exit status os only used to exit the loop. It isn't used in the call to sys.exit.)

I propose, at least, to remove this untested functionality from zope.app.server.

I'd be for removing it from zope.app.twisted, if it is there, and for removing the UI from zope.app.applicationcontrol.

That code sounds very familiar and reminds me of my first sprint. IIRC we opted out testing this code because we didn't know how to do that.

Personally I haven't been using this button at all the console scripts are much more convenient for me.

grok currently exposes the functionality in a very accessible way through the standard UI though.

gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany