Christian Theune a écrit :
Well. If there are updates that we want to be in the release (from your list counts AFAICT) we need to do another release candidate. If
we'd be good to release 3.4.0 right away, then there can't be any changes from
the release candidate. (Getting minor bugfixes out for 3.4.1 or something is
another story.)

If there is nobody yet, I believe someone has to be explicitly chosen or voted to take the responsability of releasing, then maintaining the 3.4 branch.
If you can (and have time to) do it, then just do it™ (you or/and Stephan).
There is a choice between : 3.4.0 now and 3.4.1 a few days later, or another RC now and 3.4.0 a few days later.

Then if you don't want to be a release manager for years, it would be great to write a detailed doc on how you did to release the KGS-based version and how to build the monolithic version. I know there is already a few docs on how to release individual eggs, but I don't know one about the full release.