Marius Gedminas a écrit :
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:48:45PM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
Marius Gedminas a écrit :
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 08:36:09AM -0700, Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Brian Sutherland wrote:
I'd like to announce that the SchoolTool project has finished packaging
a large proportion of the Zope 3 stack as separate Debian packages based
on the setuptools tarballs from the KGS.
Okay, so I think we should use the KGS and declare the set of packages in there as Zope 3.4.0.
The KGS changes from time to time, doesn't it?
Normally this list should not change at all, and corresponds to the last released 3.4 version, aka RC, or did I miss something?

Only requests on IRC/mailing list to please update package to
version x.y.z+1 in the KGS, because of an important bugfix.  I assume
changes like this will happen occasionally.

I'm happy to call the KGS "the latest released 3.4" version, but in my
mind that is different from "3.4.0".  I imagine there will be a 3.4.1
that matches the state of the KGS at some future point in time?

I see this more like using an SVN checkout of the 3.4 branch, as opposed
to the 3.4.0 tag.  You get a stable version, but it may change over

That means that the minor version of zope has no meaning but for the tarball version.

- The KGS version is always called "3.4" and always contains the latest bugfixes. There is no 3.4.X - The tarball version is released from time to time, when the number of upgraded packages worth it. This one is called 3.4.X

That also means that :
- The 3.4 KGS is actually already released without having to release it!
- the current RC tarball can be released now as 3.4.0 with current eggs
- the bugfixes can be pushed to the KGS the day after

This would allow all the bugfixes to be available as soon as they are released, and not to have to wait for 3.4.1.

Marius Gedminas