Radim Novotny, on 2008-05-07:
> Roger Ineichen napsal(a):
>> Hi David
>>> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Annoying: Download error: unknown url
>>> type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!
>>> Which package is emitting the Download error: unknown url
>>> type: svn -- Some packages may not be found! Its quite
>>> annoying and I have been seeing it crop up in a few builds.
>>> Anyone else seeing this. Many thanks.
>> I see this too. Try the buildout debug option, probably this
>> will you give a better output.
> I have got the same error today. buildout -vvvv was not sufficient so I
> added print output to setuptools/package_index.py and discovered this
> message is caused by z3c.form:

The same happens for lovely.recipe:

What is considered to be good practice here?  For example this is in
the setup.py of grokproject:

Looking at the simple cheese shop page:

I see that the home page url for all released versions is the
launchpad url which is probably fine.  But the download url is also
the same for every release that I checked, namely the trunk#egg, which
does not look like a good idea.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/