On May 27, 2008, at 12:49 , Jim Fulton wrote:

On May 27, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Hi guys,

Does zc.buildout and/or the default egg recipe have any way of overriding the download URL from the cheese shop if that URL is broken and I cannot reach the package maintainer?

You can try to use find-links to point directly to the egg you want.

Which package is giving you trouble?

The package is a tarball source package:

The Sourceforge download URL listed on that page does not work, at least that specific mirror does not have the file anymore. Others still do.

I have tried to use find-links with a full URL to a suitable tarball but it still tried the broken URL from the cheese shop.

By the way, I also tried to provide the tarball by downloading it directly into the "downloads" folder in the buildout but it did not appear to look there at all.