On May 27, 2008, at 1:55 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On May 27, 2008, at 12:49 , Jim Fulton wrote:

On May 27, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Hi guys,

Does zc.buildout and/or the default egg recipe have any way of overriding the download URL from the cheese shop if that URL is broken and I cannot reach the package maintainer?

You can try to use find-links to point directly to the egg you want.

Which package is giving you trouble?

The package is a tarball source package:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python/1.2.2

The Sourceforge download URL listed on that page does not work, at least that specific mirror does not have the file anymore. Others still do.

I have tried to use find-links with a full URL to a suitable tarball but it still tried the broken URL from the cheese shop.

Darn.

By the way, I also tried to provide the tarball by downloading it directly into the "downloads" folder in the buildout but it did not appear to look there at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "downloads" folder.

Did you try setting up a download cache and putting it there? Note that if you had a download cache named "foo", you would need to put the tar ball in foo/dist.

I could and should add code to buildout to deal with situations like this. I'm not sure when that will happen. :(

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation