Regarding to the discussion some days ago with the SQLAlchemy Zope3
integration, I still have problems with retrieving the session. I currently
use a utility for the engine, which seems to work well.

However, for retrieving the session, I tried to use the following pattern
(many thanks to Michael Bayer, btw.):

-------- database module -----------
SASession = scoped_session(sessionmaker(
    transactional = True,
    autoflush = True,
    extension = ZopeTransactionExtension()))

def getSASession():
    engine = getUtility(ISAEngineUtility).getEngine()
    s = SASession()
    s.bind = engine
    return s

In my application, I then use getSASession() to retrieve my session.

However, what I think is not that beautiful is the "s.bind = engine" part. Are
there any suggestions how to improve this?

Best Regards,

GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7