On Jun 18, 2008, at 14:32 , Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:11:46PM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
Just for clarification, does this imaginary scenario describe what you
mean?

- I am fixing a problem in the 1.2-branch of my Foobar product and note
the fix in CHANGES.txt on the 1.2-branch

- I merge the fix to all other currently supported release branches,
but do not note the fix in CHANGES.txt those branches

Yes you do. The 1.1 branch would note in its 1.1.x release that the fix was
applied.

- I merge the fix to the trunk and *do* note it in its CHANGES.txt

Yes.

So in essence it sounds like changes will be noted in CHANGES.txt for *all* those branches and the trunk that they're applied to, and the only difference is the version numbers showing in each CHANGES.txt file, with the trunk only ever showing feature release numbers?

jens