Christian Theune a écrit :
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:23:20PM +0200, Christophe Combelles wrote:
Hi Christian,

let's take a real package as an example (on which I recently did some merges)

CHANGES.txt on the trunk:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/trunk/CHANGES.txt?rev=87370

CHANGES.txt on the 3.5 branch:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/branches/3.5/CHANGES.txt?rev=87428

Given what you said, what should these files look like?

*Almost* as they look like now, except that the changes from 3.5.1+ on the
trunk would be visible as a change to 3.6. It would have only one entry for
3.5 which would be 3.5.0; and probably the pre-releases leading to the stable
3.5.0.

Something like this?
http://svn.zope.org/zope.app.container/trunk/CHANGES.txt?rev=87519

It allows to have a smaller changes.txt, but I see just one problem:

imagine there is an early bugfix in 3.5.1, before 3.6.0 is released.
If I understand well, the 3.5.1 bugfix should appear later in the trunk in the 3.6.0 section, but not in 3.5 ?

The risk is that people will think the bug is fixed in 3.6.0 and not in the 3.5 branch.

Christian