On Jun 18, 2008, at 15:07 , Christian Theune wrote:

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 02:48:22PM +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
So in essence it sounds like changes will be noted in CHANGES.txt for
*all* those branches and the trunk that they're applied to, and the only difference is the version numbers showing in each CHANGES.txt file, with
the trunk only ever showing feature release numbers?

OK, got it. For what it's worth, I'm in favor of this approach.

For the CMF we currently have a policy which I have always found hard to explain, where changes are _not_ noted on every branch that receives them, and the trunk CHANGES.txt is always in a strange state. At least I've always been confused, but I have tried to follow that policy since it was agreed on a long time ago.