Malthe Borch wrote:
Chris McDonough wrote:
I've been working on a new web framework named (provisionally) repoze.bfg.

This looks very interesting; I'd be curious to see if this could be useful for Vudo. I'd like it very much if Vudo could sit on top of a more general framework (not just the Zope 3 libraries).

Early on, the idea was that this could be Grok, but it quickly turned out that Grok makes too many assumptions for our use.

I recently pasted a basic Pylons application and it gives you something that I think would be attractive in a Zope/Vudo/Bfg-based setup: A canonical directory structure, e.g.

./templates
./routers
./config

etc. (can't remember the details)

Sure. I think one of us (maybe Paul?) signed up to write a PasteScript template to lay out a directory structure something like this.

We don't currently provide an easy way to serve out a static directory full of content. We'd need to add that (or decide not to add it in favor of letting a separate "resource" server serve the static stuff).

Perhaps this could benefit the following scenario:

-- Set me up with a new Zope/Vudo/Bfg-application and give me some starting points.

If Bfg can provide the lower layer, then I think Vudo will be great for providing the higher layers, e.g.

-- skinning
-- content types and widgets
-- authoring
-- admin

Sounds good to me.

The plans are to keep BFG mostly policy-agnostic save for
the very basics (graph traversal, a default templating language, and a calling and response convention for views).

I had planned to create another package named repoze.lemonade which:

 - Wired in ZODB

 - Defined base classes for folderish and leafish types.

 - Had an object add/remove/move event model.

 - Did indexing of content.

It sounds like Vudo could either build on top of that or just *be* that. It might be better to continue layering stuff, I suppose, without going "straight to the content management layer". Would it be appropriate for Vudo to build on something like that?

What would Vudo need out of a framework?

- C