Stephan Richter wrote:
On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
If there are no objections I intend to merge the branch to trunk in a
few days

I am uncomfortable with the way you approached this. I think there are at
least two other possibilities that I can see without having looked closer:

1. Use the info object. The point of the info is to contain this sort of
information.

Which info object are you referring to? The only information I could see for utility registration is a tuple, not an object. This is used to build the UtilityRegistration object when querying registration information, and I added a factory method there.

2. Make the component have a "factory" attribute. I have done this at some
places for APIDOC as well.

Why would a component need to know how it was created? I can envision that a component may very well have an attribute named factory for something else entirely.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.