On 14 Nov 2008, at 16:40, Tres Seaver wrote:

Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
On 2008-11-12 23:41:55 +0100, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

http://download.zope.org/distribution was set up as a place to publish
distributions while we were learning about setuptools, eggs, and
pypi. I think now, we're all using PyPI (or local repositories). I'd
like to deprecate this site, making it read-only for now, but
eventually removing it.

Yeah, make it read only. But I'd just leave it there. We have the
policy of not removing eggs which are out there, so I suggest leaving
the eggs there.

- -1: many of the eggs that are there should never have been released at
all in a public repository:  they are "attractive nuisances".

+1 for removing the bear trap ASAP.

Might be worth putting a takedown message in place of the files.

There are many incoming links