On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Dan Korostelev <nad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/13 Gary Poster <gary.pos...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/lazr.delegates
>>
>>     Provides an interesting Python delegation pattern.  Uses
>> zope.interface.
>
> I took a quick view at that lazr.delegates package. The code there
> is so small, so I think it can be merged in zope.interface itself, because
> it can be quite useful together with zope.interface's adapter pattern.
>
> What are you people think about including delegates code into zope.interface?

-1

lazr.delegates looks very cool, is a small package, and compliments
zope.interface well.  However, it seems to me that zope.interface stands on its
own without it and the two should remain separate.

Luckily in today's setuptools-enabled world, adding in a new dependency is
easy, so I don't see much reason to merge these two packages.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer