Am 15.03.2009 um 23:47 schrieb Roger Ineichen:

> Hi Michael
>
> Can you explain why you implemented the login viewlets?

The login in zope.app.security is implemented using browser pages and
metal-macros and is not really customizable. I needed a login/logout
which works fine with pagelets and behaves like the one in
zope.app.security as I think zope.app.security was not implemented so
badly.

> What does this viewlets have to do with the pagelet layer?

It's a pagelet implementation of login/logout, so I thought it matches
the goal of this package very well.

> I think they are very project specific and should go to
> an explicit package which offers login viewlets.

I'm not sure about this, as the implementation as adopted from the one
in zope.app.security. I don't think the one in zope.app.security is
project specific. But I might be wrong.

> The pagelet layer has nothing to do with such explicit
> implementations. The z3c.layer.pagelet package offers
> only the minimum setup for make pagelets traversable
> and offers error handling etc.

My implementation does not even require new dependencies.
``zope.authentication`` and ``zope.principalregistry`` where split out
from zope.app.security to reduce dependencies.

> What do you think, can we move your viewlet part into
> another package which is based on z3c.layer.pagelet
> or probably on z3c.layer.ready2go which uses the pagelet
> layer too?

It could be an idea to add it to z3c.layer.ready2go which currently
only contains some interfaces. But a completely new package seems a
bit overkill to me.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · m...@gocept.com · software developer