Chris Withers wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>>> This has include/Acquisition, but is that actually being used?
>>> If not, then why is it included like that?
>> These are only the header files of Acquisition. Some of the C extensions
>> of the Zope2 egg depend on those headers.
> Liar! ;-)

Ok, sigh. The external includes more, but only the .h file is actually
used from it. Give me an updated Subversion and we can include files
instead of directories as externals ;)

>>> If so, then how do I get it to recompile now that I've svn up'ed my Zope
>>> 2 trunk to get Andreas' changes?
>> You need to check out Acquisition from its SVN trunk and include it into
>> your environment (develop line in buildout or "python
>> develop"). Forcing a recompilation of C extensions works via the normal
>> "python build_ext -i -f"
> would I force recompilation in a buildout environment?

Via "python build_ext -i -f" - works in all environments.
Deleting the .so files is probably another way.

> PS: It worked, please could you roll the new acquisition egg and update
> the required version on the Zope 2 trunk?

Acquisition 2.12.1 is released and included into Zope 2 trunk. I'm
adding the Windows eggs right now.