On 4/22/09 4:57 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Perhaps you could provide (or point to) an example that illustrates
> this problem.

I want to keep my python install clean, so I do not have setuptools
installed system-wide. Instead I have a small bin-directory managed by
buildout which creates a python interpreter with setuptools, using this

recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = spython
eggs = setuptools
scripts = spython

That allows me to use "spython setup.py sdist register upload". setup.py
is invoked with __file__ pointing to the spython wrapper script, so any
attempt in setup.py to use __file__ to found files will fail.