On Sep 9, 2009, at 15:30 , Martijn Faassen wrote:

Ah, I perhaps misunderstood. I figured the resolving of relative
externals would be a problem with a Subversion 1.4.x client.

There's two different issues being confused here.

SVN 1.4 clients will work with SVN 1.5 repositories in general. However, that's not the real issue here. The issue is the new-style externals definitions that allow you to use "relative" paths. Those relative paths will not work for SVN 1.4 clients.

jens