On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Christian Theune<c...@gocept.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/2009 05:05 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> * better merge tracking
>
> For some interpretation of "better".

My team tried pretty hard to use 1.5's merge tracking and we could never
get it to work well for us.

The only advantage we ended up seeing was that we could "freshen" a
branch from a trunk easily.  Even that didn't buy us much because we
previously had been using the relatively easy approach of "rebranching"
from the trunkand merging from the stale branch to the new, fresh
branch.

The limitation of only being able to merge a feature branch back to the
trunk once was also quite irritating.

Plus the merge info properties constantly polluted "svn diff" and "svn
stat" output as well as our commit email (the latter is fixable of
course).

After trying for a few months we abandoned it.  YMMV.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer