On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really think it's a bad idea to have a special version of
> doctest.py.

I agree.

> I think we should get rid of it. That means either
> dropping this feature, or getting it merged into Python 2.7 and 3.2.
> The 2.7 beta is out now, so it's pretty urgent. I strongly suspect
> it's going to be practically impossible to support zope.testing from
> the same test-base otherwise.
>
> Opinions?

It's going to be hard in any case.  I sort of see manuel as a replacement for
our customized doctest module.  I'd change the packages that currently
rely on the
customizations to not rely on them, either by not using the special features,
or by switching to manuel. Whatever we decide is going to be a bit of work.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton