On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Baiju M <mba...@zeomega.com> wrote:
>         I would like to get your opinion about this position statement,
> as it involve the wider Zope ecosystem.  However, we tried to be
> diplomatic about other project's relationship with ZTK as we don't
> want to claim anything about others:
> http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/BlueBreamName

Two things:

- Repoze is a brand name like Zope but not a particular project. BFG
is a web application framework. BFG was certainly never based on Zope
3. But even the claim that it is based on the ZTK is far fetched. It
depends on zope.component, zope.configuration and their dependencies.
That's similar to Twisted depending on zope.interface or TurboGears
depending on zope.sqlalchemy and transaction. Presenting it as if the
dependency of BFG onto the ZTK is similar in scope to Grok or Zope2 is

- Plone isn't a web application framework but a specific application.
Zope 2 is a web application framework. If you want to include Plone
into the graph, you have to put it at a different level than the other
things. And both the dependency on Zope 3 and the ZTK are mediated via
the Zope 2 dependency.

So a 2010 graph should read more like:

Zope2    Grok    BlueBream    BFG

Where there's a direct line from BFG to ZCA bypassing the ZTK. In the
2008 version ZTK would be Zope 3 with BlueBream missing.