On 04/08/2010 03:01 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Christian Theune<c...@gocept.com>  wrote:
I wonder what Jim thinks about the topic.

I have mixed feelings.  Accessing environment variables seems
reasonable on some level, however:

- I'd worry about the choice of the virtual section name. "env" or
   "environment" seems too likely to break existing buildouts.

- I worry a bit about making buildout's "programming language"
   even more sophisticated.

Though so - same mixed feelings over here. :)

Florian, can you describe why you want to use environment variables in extends?

The general reason I can see is "it works everywhere else", except that there's some bootstrapping problem involved at some point anyway.

Can you use any variable expansion in the values given in the [buildout] section anyway?

Christian

--
Christian Theune · c...@gocept.com