Hi there,

Christophe Combelles wrote:

> Unless I missed something, the ZTK was globally compatible with Python2.4
> recently, wasn't it?  Do we want the latest changes and Lennart's work to be
> part of the ZTK 1.0?

For a while already people have been making changes that at least break
tests on 2.4. For instance, zope.testing has some facility to pretty
print a dictionary that sorts the keys, because Python 2.4's built-in
pretty print module apparently doesn't do that yet, meaning random test
failures can happen. But people have been updating code to use Python's
built-in pretty print facility and this will only be reliable on Python
2.5 and higher.

In my opinion it's time to drop Python 2.4 support anyway, but it's been
going a bit haphazardly by way of bit rot..

Regards,

Martijn