On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Marius Gedminas <mar...@gedmin.as> wrote:
> I've added ETag support for zope.browserresource in a branch:
> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/115596
> Does anybody have any comments/objections?  If not, I'd like to merge
> this to trunk and release zope.browserresource 3.11.0.

+1 as long as there's a way to disable or configure how it's computed.
There's some information about issues with ETags here:

I see that your implementation uses last-modified + size, which should
generally be fine. However if you're load-balancing across two
different servers and the timestamps don't match then the ETag is

On a completely different note, I see that the File object reads the
whole file into memory. Hum. Maybe RAM is cheaper than Disk these days
and it doesn't matter, but reading whole files into memory generally
raises a red flag for me.

hoping-no-one-is-serving-iso-files-through-zope.browserresource-ly yours,

-- Sidnei