Michael Howitz wrote:
> Am 24.08.2010 um 15:08 schrieb Jim Fulton:
>>> No it does not use it itself.
>> Then this is easy. :)  zope.app.publication should not be a dependency of
>> zope.generations.  It should be a dependency of anything that uses it,
> The "anything that uses it" are the applications written on top of Zope.
> There is nothing in between.
> I do not think that every application which uses a root folder should
> implement this function separately.

Better that than dragging along a zope.app.* dependency into the new
package, whose purpose in life is to make generations useful without
requiring any of zope.app.

> So you really suggest to put this little function into a separate package?

I don't know the actual users of this utilitiy function.  Pushing the
function into a package which they already depend on would be fine with
me:  if I were going to use zope.generations but didn't need or want
zope.app, then the root finder policy from zope.app would likely be
useless anyhow.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)