Disclaimer: I don't know anything about pytest.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Uli Fouquet <u...@gnufix.de> wrote:
> Are there cheap/fast ways to cache/restore registry setups we hadn't had
> on the screen? Really fast setups/cache-restores could make even
> function-wise registrations a considerable thing.

The approach we take in the Plone world (though plone.testing has no
Plone or Zope 2 dependencies) is:

As part of plone.testing we have proper layer based ZCA isolation, by
doing stacked component registries. This approach is extremely fast,
as you only need to push/pop a registry to/from the stack for each

If you want to use layers, you can use this. Otherwise you might be
able to take the ideas and code.