On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 06:30:35AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Marius Gedminas <mar...@gedmin.as> wrote:
> > (We are pinning all our dependency versions with buildout-versions, so our
> > app
> > won't break if you rele--oh, I see you already released 3.9.3zc2 with the
> > change.)
> Yup, yup.

> Your argument about the duplicate events is a reasonable one. I
> considered it, but thought that either people weren't using
> zope.app.wsgi.paste or didn't care about the event, given how long the
> problem has existed.  I could reverese the change with a 3.9.3zc3
> release.

There's no need to do that on my behalf.

I doubt anyone will accidentally upgrade to 3.9.3zc2 given that 3.14.0 is
currently the latest on PyPI.

> That would force me into trying to figure out the breakages
> introduced by "later" releases, or fork or monkey patch
> zope.app.wsgi. I'd rather not. :)  Given that an unpinned fetch of
> zope.app.wsgi won't get 3.9.3zc2 I'm thinking that my small foul is
> unlikely to do harm.

And the irregularity of the 'zc' version number is sufficient to pique
the curiosity of people and have them look in the changelog, I think.

> I'll also release this change as zope.app.wsgi 3.15.0, or do you think
> this should be 4.0.0?

3.15.0 sounds about right to me.

Marius Gedminas
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development