Well this has been bothering me as well, so I am delighted to see this

I started off with the release of ZTFY that includes a ZMI.

I added in DTML.  It could not find the zmi_views.   When I remove those
lines from ZCML all is happy, except the menu items are not there.

I thought maybe zmi_views was renamed.  Guess not based on this thread.

I am stumped.  There is some reason to believe  that ZTFY implemented
its own ZMI, sure looks the same.  In which case I have to poke around
in that package to figure out what the menu is called.

But if that is not the case, I have no idea why it cannot find
zmi_views.  Maybe next I will try adding zope.file to see what happens.

I have other things I am working on so I put this on the back burner,
but interesting to see this thread.

Christopher Lozinski

Check out my iPhone apps TextFaster and EmailFaster

Expect a paradigm shift.