On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Paul J Stevens <p...@nfg.nl> wrote:
> FYI, I'm using the following buildout:
>
> https://github.com/pjstevns/plone.mongrel2

You are missing some required middleware for the current un-documented
WSGI feature. I made an experiment quite a while back and came up
with:

https://github.com/hannosch/zope2-wsgi/blob/master/templates/zope.ini

I've looked into WSGI again at the Plone Symposium East sprint and I
think we should remove the middleware approach again for Zope2.
Primarily as we loose some features like publisher events and
exception views, which in practice are used by Plone. There's a reason
why Pyramid came up with the tweens concept and I think there's little
benefit for existing Zope2 applications to be split up into
middleware. Since the repoze project itself isn't moving forward any
longer, there's little benefit in code re-use with it either.

So I'd probably just merge back the exception and transaction handling
into the Zope2 WSGI publisher (keeping some of the code cleanup).

Hanno