On 06/06/2012 12:11 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Paul J Stevens <p...@nfg.nl> wrote:
>> FYI, I'm using the following buildout:
>> https://github.com/pjstevns/plone.mongrel2
> You are missing some required middleware for the current
> un-documented WSGI feature. I made an experiment quite a while back
> and came up with:
> https://github.com/hannosch/zope2-wsgi/blob/master/templates/zope.ini
> I've looked into WSGI again at the Plone Symposium East sprint and I
> think we should remove the middleware approach again for Zope2.
> Primarily as we loose some features like publisher events and
> exception views, which in practice are used by Plone. There's a
> reason why Pyramid came up with the tweens concept and I think there's
> little benefit for existing Zope2 applications to be split up into
> middleware. Since the repoze project itself isn't moving forward any
> longer, there's little benefit in code re-use with it either.

I don't think that is a reasonable characterizaztion:  repoze.tm2,
repoze.vhm etc. are stable and mature, but they aren't unmaintained:  for
instance, they actually support Python 3.2.  Many he repoze.* packages
are in heavy production use for many non-Zope applications.

> So I'd probably just merge back the exception and transaction
> handling into the Zope2 WSGI publisher (keeping some of the code
> cleanup).

That could still be a reasonable choice.  Another choice would be to just
add an integration point into the publisher which wrapped the middleware
in at startup time, without requiring explicit configuration.

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)