Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> I believe it is pre 1.0 - but I don't think outside of the previous
> reply to Sidnei (i.e. skins customizations) there is a lot of
> customizations.  I'm certain it's a problem of general look (which is
> solved by Tom V.) and crap content which is useless to promoting the
> technology in a sensible manner.

As a matter of policy, the Plone community supports migrations (as in ... if
the migration doesn't work and you didn't do anything insane, you should
file it as a bug and we'll aim to fix it) from any released version or RC to
any released version or RC.

The migration story has gotten a lot better since 2.0, by the way, as Plone
and particularly its testing framework has evolved.

I'd strongly agree that the problem is almost always information
architecture and content maintenance rather than software maintenance,
though. It's just beneficial when the technology doesn't get in the way or
take up all your time to develop.