Here are some comments from Jeff Rush.

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 04:42:26 -0600
From: Jeff Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Brad Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ZWeb] Version 3

(I'm not a subscriber to the ZWeb list yet, so I'll send my comments to you)

Brad Allen wrote:
 http://www.modscape.com/zope/v3

- the page looks pretty dark/heavy, got a 'daylight' version ?

Not really, no. I don't think this version is "dark" at all.

I like the colors -- calming and clear. I suppose if enough people dislike it, you could dial up the brightness of the blue a touch.

Bonnie said she liked the lilies, and they do add a nice bit of
understated beauty to the site. I don't know if the naturalistic
imagery means anything, but adding a bit of "aliveness"
to the page certainly can't hurt.

I like them - they are understated and don't get in the way.

The right side blurbs with icons looked really good at first glance
but on further examination I think the question mark over the
Zope sphere is visually confusing. An alternative might be to
get rid of the question mark overlay.

The question mark either needs to be dropped or enlarged so it extends beyond the Zope circle.

The Zope-Power Sites at the bottom only provides one example.
How about a link to more Zope-power sites and/or success stories?

This is a draft - I'm sure there will be more. A question is how will multiple success stories be visually represented?

---
I have bigger questions though.

1. Does the page print well?

2. Is the site to represent -both- Zope2 and Zope3, or just Zope3? Wit mentions of Plone, CMF and Zope Products on the drop-down menus, it seems to be targeted at Zope2.

3. On those drop-down menus, lose the constant prefix "Zope". For example, under "Business", we don't need "Zope Training", just "Training".

4. Re the copyright at the bottom - shouldn't that be Zope Foundation instead?

5. I like the drop-down menus, although they won't print.

6. The icon along the right for "Zope Docs" looks elongated.

Overall it looks like a good start and I like the direction. It needs more filling out to get a good grasp of how the overall site will flow.

-Jeff