--On 13. April 2006 00:14:21 -0700 Simon Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well since you ask..

I fear that they sound like the usual style of A. Jung's School of Hard
Knocks For Newbies. No offense intended Andreas.

Other projects are similar. Go to the Mozilla/Firefox bugzilla instance.
First they tell you to search if your issue isn't already in the bugtracker.
Then you fill out a form where you need to clearly describe your problem
and fill out point 1,2,3... to reproduce the problem. So people should
use their brain before posting "something"...also newbies can and do post
valuable bug reports. We are talking about a certain group of users that has some certain expectations about the bug tracker is and that have no idea
*how* report properly. For my own projects I have a similar "bug reporting
guideline"...and usually most users are really able to posting something reasonable after pointing them to the guidelines..call it "how to educate
users to report bugs"...I think there is nothing offending here..

E-Publishing, Python, Zope & Plone development and consulting