On Sep 25, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 25 Sep 2006, at 12:05, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Incidentally I'd like to float the idea of moving zopewiki to (some
> incarnation of) zope.org. Eg put it at zope.org/wiki

> +1 on the idea, it wouldn't even have to be in the same Zope instance,
> rewrite rules can do the stitching-in.
>
> I'd assume this is more of a foundation decision, though?

Consider this a foundation decision, let's do it. zope.org/wiki is the way to go.

Separate instance with rewrite rules sounds a good plan to me.

Jens, do you have enough zope.org fu to get this set up? Right now the whole zope.org is technically a complete unknown to me. Right now the implementation is the only thing stopping this from going ahead. :)

Unfortunately all the pieces "above" Zope, like rewrite setups, are out of reach and only accessible by ZC.

Right.

I believe there's Squid in front, and the rewrites are handled by a rewriter process.

Yup.

Additionally, there is no good information about the appserver tier, either. I was under the impression there were two, but when I tried to access them both I thought I always ended up on one and the same host.

There are 4 instances running on two hosts. There is a storage/LDAP server. There is a pool of squid servers and load balancers. There is the machine that goes by many names, including svn.zope.org, cvs.zope.org, and mail.zope.org. The squid servers are load balancers are shared with our commercial customers.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org