On 9/25/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Personally, I don't care where www.zope.org is currently located, and
> I also think we should replace it part by part with microsites, like
> wiki.zope.org, bugs.zope.org, news.zope.org, products.zope.org and so
> on,

Be careful the multiple domain names, it prevents sensible cookie-based
auth. For that reason alone, I'd prefer to see zope.org/wiki,
zope.org/bugs, zope.org/news, etc instead.

Isn't it possible to set a cookie for ".zope.org" vs, say, "www.zope.org" ?

I'm pretty sure I know some people doing this at:

 http://linklink.timesys.com +

and also:

 http://www.fsf.org/ +

It really feels like we need a foundation-admin'ed Apache in front of
everything somewhere, just to handle rewriting/static content/etc. Is
that a possiblity?

I own a lot of Apaches already, I would not mind.

Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter