Simon Michael wrote:
Sure! I meant to be clearer. Practicing my citing/footnoting skills: since it turns out that a zwiki upgrade on is not easy due to zope version dependency[1], I'm now pursuing the suggestion of Andrew[2], Lennart[3] and Michael[4] to harvest the wiki content off and host it on a modern zwiki server as a step towards our goal.

I plan to start with the zope 3 developer wiki, the most active wiki. I'll mirror it as-is on the server, transferring the wiki content by wget, export or whatever works, preserving things like hierarchy, subscribers and so on as far as possible. I'll seek a repeatable process, as I expect to do it more than once. Once the mirrored wiki is in place, I'll add any anti-spam and usability configuration that seems helpful. Then I'll announce it here. It will have some preliminary url like (I think we should explore how bring the many zope wikis together under, but later.)

One warning: the zope server, which hosts, and some community wikis, is a hosted VPS with quite limited RAM, so it won't be fast. But should be good enough for the moment.

This is my current plan, and I would love any and all help or suggestions - join me on #zwiki or #zope-web irc channels if you can. Any better plans also welcome.

Thanks very much for doing this.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation