Previously Tim Peters wrote:
> See above.  Does it fail often for you (or for Stephan)?  If so,
> someone on a platform where it fails needs to investigate why.  It
> certainly isn't failing for everyone.

If failed 2 out of 2 tries on my laptop which uses python 2.3.5.
I succeeded on a desktop system using python 2.4.1

Which suggests a possible pattern..

Using python 2.4.1 on my laptop works as well. And using python 2.3.5
on the desktop.. also works. Perhaps something starts a script
as /usr/bin/python and switches back to python2.4 there?

> Could this issue be relevant?

No, that item is fixed: the donothing script is properly marked as
executable both in the svn repo and in my checkout.