Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
there are cases where you need to evaluate an expression to get the
msgid for instance in:

there is a workaround, but it is very inelegant:
http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/changeset/27505

the translation could be done in python, but I guess you would need to
create special i18n views whose sole purpose would be to translate
information that's already available.

the risk would be that users start translating msgid in python code that
is not meant to be presented in a view.

Nobody is objecting to getting message ids from exceptions, They should be
message ids though, not strings.  I think we need to work with strings,
but have tools to aid developers in detecting when they've used strings
rather than message ids.

Jim