Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 21:48, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > Note that I also understand your motivation on voting -1 quite well.
> > Leaving everything as it is is simply the easier thing to do. For the
> > moment...
> I will always vote -1 on such a move. I just simply punishes all those early
> adopters of Zope 3 and throw it in their face. Great appreciation!

You know I can turn this around and say that by focusing all development on
Zope 3, the
Zope development team left Zope 2 out there to die in its old ways of doing
despite the fact that some sort of transition capabilities were promised for a
long time
(maybe I needed to remind of you of this...). A rewrite from scratch is always
easy, but
dealing with the transition and deprecations is the hard work which is now left
up to
people who were early adopters of Zope *2* and hoping for that promised
transition. Great

As you can see, this angle at looking things doesn't get us anywhere and I
would rather
not pursue it further. What I want is a sensible transition for the future. And
it's not
like Zope 2 people aren't willing to put an effort in it...