Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

my impression is that if you want TTW editing you'll have to do it on an application level using what's available in the framework (utilities, ZPT, ...) Zope3 allows you to do this already and in a much cleaner way than with zope2..

That's great! How to make this work in the context of a Zope 2/CMF setup, the one Martin is working in? Remember the legacy codebase here; it's not an option to throw it out just like that.

through Five I guess :-)

So what in Zope 3 lets you do a TTW modification of views right now? Where should Martin start looking?

I don't have the competence though or the exact vision on how to do it. What I'm doing though as a matter of philosophy is to stick as much as possible to standard Zope3 concepts (adapters, utilities, ZCML, event subscribers, views, ...), to make the backporting from zope3 to zope2 easier.

That's good. Of course Five is trying to port these concepts over to Zope 2, but I myself wouldn't know how to build TTW modification of Five views right now. What's the Zope 3 equivalent?

Note that I doubt Martin can buy into all of CPSSkins anytime soon. They're looking into porting CMF-style skins into Zope 3-style views using Five. He's worried that the ability for TTW modification of views will be gone when Zope 3 style views are in use in Plone. So, something is needed in Zope 3 with at least equivalent power to TTW CMF skin customization to Zope 2, without having to rewrite all of the Plone skins in anything more than a fairly mechanical way. Evolution is the keyword here; a revolution is not affordable.