Sidnei da Silva wrote:
Hi there,

There's a couple of mad brazilian pythoneers that might hang out
together early in January in some hidden beach somewhere, and one of
the proposed tasks for working on (of course, powered by caipirinha)
was to take a stab at replacing Zope 2's ZServer/ZPublisher by Zope
3's Twisted/Publisher.

I know the brave folks involved in the Zope 3 move-away from ZServer
might have some interesting tips to share, so I hereby invite you to
share your experience.

Best I can tell, it should be pretty doable no?

The key is to move to WSGI.  Zope 3's publisher now uses
WSGI and so does twisted. For HTTP, the Zope 3 pubisher isn't
based on twisted, it is based on WSGI.  There is twisted-specific
glue for FTP.

The most important project here, IMO, is to rewire Zope 2
to use the Zope 3 publisher.  And, of course, to update the
Zope 3 publisher with features from the Zope 2 publisher that
are missing from the Zope 3 publisher (e.g. streaming).

Jim